Wednesday, November 1, 2017

During Writer's Workshop after practicing writing uppercase K, we took a look at some student work as a whole group.  We discussed the difference between an illustration that tells a story and just a drawing (as Kindergarten tends to love to draw hearts, stars and rainbows...).  We also discussed the idea of giving each other feedback to make our writing even better.  At this point Kindergarten is doing more drawing than writing, although some students are trying out adding labels and letters to their illustrations, and were confused about being able to 'read' just 'pictures.'  I explained the difference of when I look at an illustration with lots of detail and just a drawing of a rainbow I can tell a story from the illustration.  Students then went back to work really focusing on telling a story through their illustrations.





Students love being able to share their work up on the "big screen."



(P.S. sorry my posts have been later than usual my school laptop is currently at IT getting a facelift and I never seem to sit still long enough on a desktop to post)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Monday!