Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Press Here Book by Hervé Tullet

This morning after recess, snack and morning meeting Mrs. Guilmette joined us for Guidance and read Tacky the Penguin.  She talked about how it's okay to be different and that we should celebrate the things that make us, us!  After Guidance I read Sally Goes to the Beach by Stephen Huneck and talked about how Stephen Huneck writes LOTS of books about his dog Sally because he knows and loves her!  Then some students orally shared stories about things they know and love that can make great books.

After Writer's Workshop Kindergarteners read independently at tables while I introduced ABC center to some small groups.  Students found their name and then worked to build it with magnet letters and then return the magnet letters to the box in ABC order.  This week I am introducing Literacy Stations one by one and next week we will start moving to stations with our assigned groups.

After lunch I shared one of my absolute favorite books Press Here by Herve Tullet if you haven't checked this one out before I highly recommend it!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Monday!