Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Cat Cards!

This morning I introduced "cat cards."  Cat cards are given to students at CP Smith who are doing an awesome job following school rules which are being safe, responsible and respectful.  When the class earns 100 Cat Cards we will have a celebration!  Today we simplified this into a class contract: "In Kindergarten we are kind, we keep hands and feet to ourselves and we listen to everybody."  We then all dipped our thumb in an ink pad and signed the contract agreeing to try our best.  We also talked about how even though we agree to try our best sometimes it can be hard.  I read the book When Sophie Gets Angry, Really Really Angry and we talked about how sometimes we all get upset or make a poor choice and it's okay to need to take a break.  Tomorrow I will unveil a poster and talk more about what taking a break looks like.          

1 comment:

  1. I'm super excited about the cat cards I think that will help my child integrate those behaviors at home. I especially like how you had them sign with a fingerprint, it helps them solidify the importance.

    ReplyDelete

Happy Monday!