Thursday, September 20, 2018

Thursdays always seems so busy!  Students have Music in the morning and PE in the afternoon.  During Math today we worked on different strategies for counting.  I arranged some teddy bears in a circle and accidently counted around the circle twice!  Students helped me out by thinking of ways to arrange the teddy bears so that I would remember to stop once all were counted.  Some ideas were to move them so there is a gap in the circle so I'll remember to stop.  We also noticed that there was only one red teddy bear so if I started with the red and remembered to stop counting before I touched it again we would have the correct amount.  I read another book from our new favorite series, Sally's Snow Adventure, and students had some more time to explore with letters with wooden pieces, gems and play dough. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Monday!